Erb's Palsy Birth Injuries in Weston
Put Years of Experience in Your Corner
If the medical staff in charge of your child's birth fail to conduct themselves in a professional manner, or fail to exercise utmost caution during the entire procedure, damaging birth injuries may occur to the mother or the child. One of the more common forms of harm that can afflict a newborn is known as Erb's palsy – a form of obstetric brachial plexus disorder that damages the nerves of the upper arm and shoulder – and occurs in about one in every 500 births; although, research suggests that many of the incidents of this birth injury could have been totally prevented, and only happen due to medical malpractice.
Erb's palsy may occur during birth due to:
- Labor difficulty: Doctors and physicians are trusted to ensure that labor goes as smoothly as possible. When they do not monitor the baby well enough, it may begin the birthing process at an awkward angle, contorting its arms.
- Excessive pulling: Attempting to pull the baby out forcefully by the shoulders drastically increases the chance of the newborn suffering from this disorder.
- Breech birth: Failure to monitor a mother in labor can lead to a breech birth, or a delivery of the baby feet or buttocks first. In turn, this awkward position forces the arms upwards over the infant's head, possibly damaging its brachial plexus and causing Erb's palsy.
Did any of the above forms of medical malpractice occur during your child's birth? Contact Weston erbs palsy attornies David C. Rash & Jeff D. Mueller.
What are Symptoms of Erb's Palsy?
As Erb's palsy is largely a nerve injury, it will not likely be clearly evident that it is afflicting your newborn. Your child might not even exhibit any signs of the birth injury for quite some time. You can, however, keep a close eye on your baby to try to determine if it has this serious condition.
If your child persistently exhibits any of the following symptoms, you may need to contact a erbs palsy attorney about Erb's palsy right away:
- Keeping the arm limp or close to the side
- Disproportionately weak grip strength
- Partial or full paralysis of the entire arm
- No reaction to sensation applied to upper arm
- Abnormal development of the limb
Schedule your initial case evaluation with Rash Mueller today.
Class Action Case $4,000,000,000
Helped in litigating landmark tobacco class action case in Miami.
Medical Malpractice $19,500,000
Medical malpractice case brought by a 53-year-old man against a surgery center and doctor for improper discharge after cervical fusion resulting in catastrophic injury.
BP Oil Spill Damages $15,000,000
Recovered for businesses and individuals who were damaged by the BP Oil Spill.
Maritime Claim $9,000,000
Cruise line crew member injury case.
Railroad Injury Case $3,500,000
Railroad locomotive engineer injury case.
Maritime Claim $3,475,000
Confidential settlement for a 38-year-old Chief Stewardess on a 112’ superyacht that injured her back lifting a jet ski necessitating two back surgeries, the first one botched by a doctor selected by the vessel owners.
Medical Malpractice $2,500,000
Recovered settlement for mother who died from cervical cancer due to negligence of laboratory and doctor, both of whom misinterpreted and misreported biopsy specimen as benign when it was actually cancerous. The settlement is significantly more than arbitration damage caps for medical malpractice cases in the state.
Maritime Claims $2,200,000
Settlement in a cruise line crew member wrongful death case.
Medical Malpractice $2,000,000
Medical malpractice case brought on behalf of a 73-year-old woman against the hospital and intensive care doctors who misdiagnosed and failed to timely diagnose her encephalitis resulting in brain damage.
Medical Malpractice $1.2 Million
Most professional lawyer we have ever worked with!- Mindy A.
Wonderful team! Great group of people, very attentive to clients!- Jennica P.
The entire team is professional, knowledgeable, and confident in the work they do.- Katie G.
Ethical and caring with a deep knowledge of the law.- Dori L.
We Provide Free Consultations
Personalized Attention & Care
40 + Years of Collective Experience
Track Record Of Success