Weston ER Malpractice Lawyers
Emergency Room Errors & Negligence Put Patients' Lives At Risk
At Rash Mueller, we understand that when you or a loved one is in need of emergency care, you trust the medical professionals to provide the best possible treatment. However, emergency room malpractice can and does occur, leading to devastating outcomes for patients and their families. With over 30 years of experience, our compassionate and skilled team has been fighting for the victims of medical malpractice in Weston, Florida, and has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for the injured and wronged. We are here to help you navigate the complex legal process and pursue you receive the compensation you deserve.
Common Types of ER Errors in Florida
Emergency rooms can be chaotic environments where medical professionals must make quick decisions under pressure. Unfortunately, this can sometimes result in errors that have lasting consequences. Some common types of ER errors include:
- Misdiagnosis: A misdiagnosis can lead to delayed or incorrect treatment, causing the patient's condition to worsen.
- Medication errors: These can occur when a patient is given the wrong medication, an incorrect dosage, a medication to which they have a known allergy, or experiences a harmful drug interaction.
- Surgical errors: Mistakes during emergency surgery can have severe or even deadly consequences.
- Failure to order appropriate tests: If an emergency room physician fails to order necessary diagnostic tests, it can result in a missed or delayed diagnosis.
- Inadequate patient monitoring: Failing to properly monitor a patient's vital signs and symptoms while they are receiving emergency care can lead to further complications.
- Wrongful discharge: Discharging a patient who should have been admitted can have deadly results.
Why ER Errors Happen
There are several factors that can contribute to emergency room malpractice:
- Overcrowding: Emergency rooms often treat a high volume of patients, which can result in inadequate staffing and increased waiting times.
- Fatigue: Long hours and demanding work can lead to exhausted medical professionals making mistakes.
- Lack of communication: Poor communication among medical staff can result in errors, such as the failure to relay important information about a patient's condition or treatment plan.
- Inadequate training: Medical professionals who are not adequately trained in emergency care may not recognize certain symptoms or know how to treat them effectively.
Who Is Responsible for ER Malpractice?
Determining who is responsible for emergency room malpractice can be complex, as multiple parties may be involved in a patient's care. These parties may include:
- Physicians: Emergency room doctors can be held responsible for errors in diagnosis, treatment, or surgical procedures.
- Nurses: Nurses play a vital role in monitoring patients, administering medications, and assisting in procedures. They can be held accountable for mistakes that result in patient harm.
- Hospital or medical facility: The hospital or facility where the emergency room is located may be held responsible for inadequate staffing, lack of resources, or other systemic issues that contribute to malpractice.
How Rash Mueller Can Help
If you or a loved one has been a victim of emergency room malpractice in Weston or the surrounding areas, it is crucial to act quickly to protect your rights. If we take your case, our team will thoroughly investigate, determine who is responsible for the harm caused, and work tirelessly to secure the compensation you deserve. We understand the emotional and financial burdens that can result from ER malpractice, and we are here to provide the support and guidance you need during this difficult time.
Contact our Weston emergency room malpractice attorneys today for your free, private consultation.
Class Action Case $4,000,000,000
Helped in litigating landmark tobacco class action case in Miami.
Trucking Crash Case $14,000,000
Medical Malpractice $19,500,000
Medical malpractice case brought by a 53-year-old man against a surgery center and doctor for improper discharge after cervical fusion resulting in catastrophic injury.
BP Oil Spill Damages $15,000,000
Recovered for businesses and individuals who were damaged by the BP Oil Spill.
Maritime Claim $9,000,000
Cruise line crew member injury case.
Railroad Injury Case $3,500,000
Railroad locomotive engineer injury case.
Maritime Claim $3,475,000
Confidential settlement for a 38-year-old Chief Stewardess on a 112’ superyacht that injured her back lifting a jet ski necessitating two back surgeries, the first one botched by a doctor selected by the vessel owners.
Medical Malpractice $2,500,000
Recovered settlement for mother who died from cervical cancer due to negligence of laboratory and doctor, both of whom misinterpreted and misreported biopsy specimen as benign when it was actually cancerous. The settlement is significantly more than arbitration damage caps for medical malpractice cases in the state.
Maritime Claims $2,200,000
Settlement in a cruise line crew member wrongful death case.
Medical Malpractice $2,000,000
Medical malpractice case brought on behalf of a 73-year-old woman against the hospital and intensive care doctors who misdiagnosed and failed to timely diagnose her encephalitis resulting in brain damage.
Most professional lawyer we have ever worked with!- Mindy A.
Wonderful team! Great group of people, very attentive to clients!- Jennica P.
The entire team is professional, knowledgeable, and confident in the work they do.- Katie G.
Ethical and caring with a deep knowledge of the law.- Dori L.
We Provide Free Consultations
Personalized Attention & Care
40 + Years of Collective Experience
Track Record Of Success