Prescription Errors in Weston
Weston Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Prescription drugs can have severe side effects and when an error occurs involving patient medication, severe injuries can result. The health care process can be extremely complex and an error can occur at any point. A doctor can prescribe the wrong drug that you could be allergic to, a pharmacist can make an error when dispensing medication, and a health care worker may administer the wrong dose of a drug. When a patient visits a hospital for medical care, the last thing they want is to suffer further injuries.
If you or a loved one have suffered injuries due to a prescription error, you should not be made to pay more than you already have. Our Weston medical malpractice attorneys have years of experience helping patients who have been injured due to errors in administration or prescription of medication by health care professionals. At Rash Mueller, we can help you to fight for legal compensation so you can focus on recovery.
Damages for which you may be able to collect monetary compensation include:
- Pain and suffering
- Initial hospitalization costs
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Lost earnings or reduced earning potential
- Reduction in quality of life
Call (954) 914-7116 and speak to a team of attorneys with more than 40+ years of collective legal experience.
Filing a Medical Malpractice Claim
Health care workers have a duty to their patients to provide care and not take actions which can be reasonably foreseen to result in injury. When an injury does occur due to the negligence of a health care worker or a hospital mistake, the patient may be able to claim legal compensation. Not every medical action will result in a malpractice suit and in order to prove that a prescription error occurred, several factors must be present.
- Legal medical relationship: This means that you must have legally hired the doctor or medical organization to provide you with medical treatment. Unsolicited medical advice may not constitute a claim.
- Negligent action: A doctor, nurse, or another healthcare provider must have performed a negligent action. For example, if a doctor overlooks a medical history and prescribes a drug which reacts negatively to a current treatment, the doctor may be found liable for a negligent action.
- Your injury was caused by the negligent action: For a prescription error claim to be successful, the negligent action in question must have been directly responsible for your injury. If no injuries were suffered, the act of an incorrect prescription alone may not be enough to constitute a claim.
Schedule a consultation and find out how our firm can help.
Class Action Case $4,000,000,000
Helped in litigating landmark tobacco class action case in Miami.
Medical Malpractice $19,500,000
Medical malpractice case brought by a 53-year-old man against a surgery center and doctor for improper discharge after cervical fusion resulting in catastrophic injury.
BP Oil Spill Damages $15,000,000
Recovered for businesses and individuals who were damaged by the BP Oil Spill.
Maritime Claim $9,000,000
Cruise line crew member injury case.
Railroad Injury Case $3,500,000
Railroad locomotive engineer injury case.
Maritime Claim $3,475,000
Confidential settlement for a 38-year-old Chief Stewardess on a 112’ superyacht that injured her back lifting a jet ski necessitating two back surgeries, the first one botched by a doctor selected by the vessel owners.
Medical Malpractice $2,500,000
Recovered settlement for mother who died from cervical cancer due to negligence of laboratory and doctor, both of whom misinterpreted and misreported biopsy specimen as benign when it was actually cancerous. The settlement is significantly more than arbitration damage caps for medical malpractice cases in the state.
Maritime Claims $2,200,000
Settlement in a cruise line crew member wrongful death case.
Medical Malpractice $2,000,000
Medical malpractice case brought on behalf of a 73-year-old woman against the hospital and intensive care doctors who misdiagnosed and failed to timely diagnose her encephalitis resulting in brain damage.
Medical Malpractice $1.2 Million
Most professional lawyer we have ever worked with!- Mindy A.
Wonderful team! Great group of people, very attentive to clients!- Jennica P.
The entire team is professional, knowledgeable, and confident in the work they do.- Katie G.
Ethical and caring with a deep knowledge of the law.- Dori L.
We Provide Free Consultations
Personalized Attention & Care
40 + Years of Collective Experience
Track Record Of Success