Weston Birth Injury Attorney
Call Our Weston Birth Injury Firm Today
We know that having a child who has suffered a birth injury can not only be heartbreaking, but it can completely change your entire family's life permanently. It is important that you and your family are able to cope financially, emotionally, and physically. We encourage you to speak with our team about pursuing a claim.
Why choose our birth injury lawyer?
- No recovery, no fee!
- 40 years' of collective legal experience and counting
- Tens of millions of dollars recovered
- Top-rated (AV® rated) legal skill and ethics
Call us at (954) 914-7116 today or request your initial consultation.
Trusted Counsel for Over 30 Years
Giving birth is one of the most beautiful and exhilarating experiences a woman can go through in life. When you choose to go to a hospital to give birth, you expect that the doctor, nurses, and any staff involved will be responsible and operate under a high standard of care. But accidents do happen.
A few of the most common birth injury cases we handle include:
- Brain damage
- Cerebral palsy
- Brain swelling
- Nerve damage
- Skull fractures
If your baby has suffered injuries during labor or the course of your pregnancy, the results can be devastating. Our team at Rash Mueller can aggressively fight on your behalf and help you seek the compensation your family deserves. We truly care about seeing that justice is served and that the medical professionals who behaved negligently are held accountable.
What Compensation Am I Owed?
You will likely be facing many years of medical expenses and a variety of other costs associated with these types of injuries. Infants who suffered birth injuries usually require long-term care and treatment, which can be a huge burden for parents. You deserve to be compensated for all costs associated with your child's birth injuries. We can help you fight for compensation to cover lifetime medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and special accommodations your child may need in the future.
Malpractice in Birth Injury Cases
Despite the technological and medical advances we have made collectively as a race over the course of hundreds and hundreds of years, birthing is still a fairly dangerous process. Even the best doctors in the world who always conduct themselves responsibly and safely may help a mother deliver an infant that is born with injuries. For this reason, you will need to prove not only that your newborn was hurt during or prior to birth, but also that a medical practitioner’s negligence was the direct cause.
Proving that malpractice played a part in your child’s birth injury is handled similarly to all other medical malpractice cases. You will need to locate and use as much physical evidence as possible to strengthen your claim. Consider using medical statements from the birth as well as records pertaining to the doctor’s and medical team’s history of mistakes. If someone was videotaping the birth, you may be able to find documented evidence of when the malpractice and injury took place.
Forms of medical malpractice that may be in your case include:
- Twisting and pulling: An inexperienced, exhausted, or hasty doctor may mishandle a child during delivery, twisting and pulling the child dangerously, so they may exit the birth canal. Any sort of violent or aggressive motions can permanently injure an infant.
- Mishandling equipment: In some births, medical equipment is used to assist the mother. Proper use of such equipment makes the process easier; improper use can cause serious harm to the mother and her child.
- Failure to diagnose: More difficult to prove through evidence, failing to diagnose a problem with an unborn child’s health can cause them to be born with injuries or illnesses. Obstetricians must closely monitor a mother and her child up to the day of birth to avoid issues.
- Dangerous medications: If a mother requires medication while she is pregnant or during childbirth, it must be carefully administered to avoid negatively affecting her child. Some birth injury cases involve lifelong disabilities caused by prescription medications that should have never been approved.
Liability Concerns for Your Case
Determining who is liable in your birth injury claim may be more complicated than it seems at first. While it could be obvious that a doctor’s mistakes has made them liable, it may only be partial liability. Other parties and entities may have had some responsibility for the error. If you want your claim to be successful, you will need to consider all of your options and bring the suit against the right party. You should trust in our Weston birth injury attorney to sort through the details.
People or parties that could be found liable, fully or partially, include:
- Doctors: The simplest, most likely candidate for liability is also most often the correct one. A doctor who does not perform to the best of their abilities each and every time they assist in childbirth can be held accountable for any damage they cause the mother or her infant.
- Nurses: Other medical professionals present during your child’s birth may be found at fault for any resulting birth injuries. If a nurse hands the doctor the wrong tool or fails to monitor the mother for abnormalities, the result could be an injury.
- Hospitals: An entire hospital may be at fault for a birth injury if they failed to ensure that their employees are properly trained and use correct procedures to assist birthing. Failing to provide doctors with adequate facilities can also cause a hospital, which is technically a corporation, to be liable.
- Pharmaceutical companies: In relation to dangerous medications given to pregnant mothers, pharmaceutical companies could be found liable for a birth injury if they have manufactured dangerous substances without adequately warning pharmacists.
Please call (954) 914-7116 to speak with our Weston birth injury attorney. Request your initial consultation!
Class Action Case $4,000,000,000
Helped in litigating landmark tobacco class action case in Miami.
Trucking Crash Case $14,000,000
Medical Malpractice $19,500,000
Medical malpractice case brought by a 53-year-old man against a surgery center and doctor for improper discharge after cervical fusion resulting in catastrophic injury.
BP Oil Spill Damages $15,000,000
Recovered for businesses and individuals who were damaged by the BP Oil Spill.
Maritime Claim $9,000,000
Cruise line crew member injury case.
Railroad Injury Case $3,500,000
Railroad locomotive engineer injury case.
Maritime Claim $3,475,000
Confidential settlement for a 38-year-old Chief Stewardess on a 112’ superyacht that injured her back lifting a jet ski necessitating two back surgeries, the first one botched by a doctor selected by the vessel owners.
Medical Malpractice $2,500,000
Recovered settlement for mother who died from cervical cancer due to negligence of laboratory and doctor, both of whom misinterpreted and misreported biopsy specimen as benign when it was actually cancerous. The settlement is significantly more than arbitration damage caps for medical malpractice cases in the state.
Maritime Claims $2,200,000
Settlement in a cruise line crew member wrongful death case.
Medical Malpractice $2,000,000
Medical malpractice case brought on behalf of a 73-year-old woman against the hospital and intensive care doctors who misdiagnosed and failed to timely diagnose her encephalitis resulting in brain damage.
My case was complicated to move forward due to other reasons..but she ain’t never let me down when speaking to her!- Adrian B.
I so appreciate their kindness, genuine compassion, and “got my back” attitude.- Joel F.
He’s a good guy and very very good at what he does!- Jordan
e was a godsend to us in a time of extreme duress. If you are looking for an excellent attorney, look no further. 5 STARS!- Mindy A.
Highly recommended. They are professional, accommodating, and great with communication.- Brandon
We Provide Free Consultations
Personalized Attention & Care
40 + Years of Collective Experience
Track Record Of Success