In April, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) posted warning letters addressed to 14 U.S.-based companies which are illegally selling over 65 products that fraudulently claim to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent cancer. However, these products are marketed and sold without approval from the FDA, most frequently on social media platforms and websites.
The following are the 14 companies, along with the affected products:
- AIE Pharmaceuticals, Inc. – Cevrogin, Cholestrien, ImmunPro, and Livral Complex
- Amazing Sour Sop, Inc. – Sour Sop Capsules, Sour Sop Leaves, and Sour Sop Tea Bags
- BioStar Technology International, LLC – Angiostop, Ashwagandha, Asparagus Extract, OliveLeafQi, and Revivin
- Caudill Seed & Warehouse Inc. – Vitalica
- DoctorVicks.com – Freeda Vitamins – Garlic 400 mg, Freeda Vitamins – Quercetin 50 mg, Freeda Vitamins – Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 50 mg, Maxi Health – Livamax with Milk Thistle, Maxi Health – Maxi Omega-3 2000, Maxi Health – Triple Maxi Omega-3 Concentrate with D3 2000IU, and Maxi Health – Maxi Resveratrol – Kosher Heart & Memory Formula
- Everything Herbs – Cleavers, Inkberry, Korean Ginseng, Lapacho, Red Clover, and Whole Apricot
- Hawk Dok Natural Salve, LLC – Skin Cancer Treatment, Smokeless Tobacco Cancer Treatment for Gums, and Lip Sores
- Healing Within Products & Services, Inc. – Astragalus Glycerite, Black Salve, Healthy Prostate & Ovary, Original Herbal Tea Remedy, ProBoost Thymic Protein A, and Siberian Chaga Mushroom Extract
- LifeVantage Corporation – Protandim NRF2 Synergizer
- Nature's Treasure, Inc. – Colostrum LD® Capsules, Dysbiocide, KR22 Oxicell, and Matcha Tea
- Oxygen Health Systems, LLC – Graviola, Graviola Max, Liposomal Complete Complex Plus, Liposomal Curcumin, Liposomal Vitamin B17 Amygdalin, Liposomal Vitamin C, Palladium Lipoic Complex, Premium Flax, Rerum Bluedisclaimer icon, and Super Liposomal Plus
- Sunstone, Inc. – Chelated Boron, Circulatory Detox & Support Syrup, Essiac Tea, Fermented Yeast Culture, Premium Organic, 8 oz., Virxcan-X Salve, and Virxcan-X Tablets
- The Vibrant Health Store, LLC dba Dr. Christopher's Herbs – Black Drawing Ointment, Burdock Root, Kid-e-Trac, Liver D-Tox Formula, Rash Ointment, Red Clover Blossoms, Relax-Eze, and St. John’s Wort
- The Vitamin C Foundation – Cardio-C, Chewables Vitamin C, Sodium Ascorbate, True Liposomal Vitamin C, and World’s Finest Vitamin C Powder
In addition, the FDA issued four online advisory letters to the following companies:
- CellMark Biopharma LLC – CellAssure
- Landis Revin, LLC – Trevinol ES Fibrin Defense Systemic Enzyme, Trevinol ES Health Joint & Inflammation Support, Trevinol Professional Blend
- Nathans Natural – Levodyn
- www.healinginabottle.com – Immuno Boost Eximius
Consumers are warned not to use these or similar products which are unproven due to being unsafe and could prevent an individual from seeking the proper cancer diagnosis and treatment. Whether in the store or online, you should stay vigilant and avoid purchasing products marketed to treat cancer without any proof they work.
For more information, contact our Weston medical malpractice attorney at Rash Mueller. today.